And We’re Live!
A Rough Guide on Academic Podcasting
The Workshop Playbook
This lively (and live!) BYOD presentation explores academic podcasting from the perspectives of students, staff, and faculty, and in its many guises - professional development, community-building, research dissemination, gaining transferrable skills, and more. By the end of the workshop, participants will leave with the know-how to start their own podcast!
This workshop booklet is organized into the following sections:
- Introduction: more in-depth look at what this workshop is all about.
- Why?: what are the benefits of podcasting? Why would someone want to do it in the first place?
- Plan: making the big decisions like theme, audience, format, and more.
- Produce: deciding on hardware, software, organization, and accessibility.
- Post: where does a podcast live, anyway? You need to know this before you can move on to…
- Publicize: getting your voice out there and heard.